Thursday, October 29, 2009

Day 4


Some of my oldest, favoritest friends are definitely my books. Right now, I have these books displayed for decorational purposes, but I have read and loved all three of them. There's nothing much better than an afternoon spent in the back corner of a thrift store or used book store, sifting through the junk and finding some truly good old books, musty smell and all. Or even, like the Sherlock Holmes book there in the middle, a beautiful, hardback reprint of a classic! I love me some handsomely bound books! I think the only reason I bought my copy of Alexander Dumas' 'The Three Musketeers' (not pictured) was because the binding appealed to me! It was a hard read, being printed in older style English, but I managed to slog through it and now I'm so glad I did. It's a good classic story that I never would have read if it hadn't been for the luscious cover. Yeah, I don't usually have much luck finding clothes for myself at thrift stores, but I've found some real book treasures, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment