Thursday, November 12, 2009

Day 18

Now I know this may not be the most technically good long exposure shot ever taken. In fact, it's not the most technically good photo I've posted thus far on this blog. But, I like it. I think it's cool.
I was experimenting with slow shutter speeds tonight. And freezing my hands off in the process. I was really wishing for my tripod (which I forgot at my parents, after my sister's wedding), but did what I could with a cardboard box. Long exposure is fun! I think part of my fascination with it comes from not knowing exactly what the picture's going to include. Well, you might if you're taking the shot out in nature, on a still night. Or if you're really good. But streets? Yeah, it's entertaining to see how many light streaks show up.
I aimed my camera towards the "down" section in my little town. Meaning, downtown. Probably the part of town with the most big streetlights. And all the light streaks? It was rush hour- somewhere between 5:00 and 5:30 p.m.
I'm going to be real profound and name this shot 'Life In A Northern Town (Ayaahyaaahyaayaahyaayayahyah!)'.

No comments:

Post a Comment