Friday, November 20, 2009

Day 26

Ok, I know today's picture is perhaps only one a mother could love, but it is what it is. Part of the reason I love it is because of what was going on while I was taking the shots.
Actually, let me back up. I just finished crocheting this cute little newsboy cap. This one is just a practice run before I start on the little chocolate ones I'm making for my nieces for Christmas. Just to make sure I know all the stitches and everything. Seriously, do you really think I'd make a yellow hat for my little boy to wear?
So I finished this afternoon and needed a little head to try it out on. Gabe's cousins are 2 and 4 months younger than him, so I figured his head size would be close enough. Obviously, it's a little big. But that's ok- I'll use the right weight yarn and size crochet hook when I start on the real thing.
First I laughed because of how funny he looked. He couldn't quite figure out the whole hat thing and was making goofy faces.
Then I went back into the kitchen to work on supper.

And this is what I came back to! You had to be there, but I laughed until I cried. I'm guessing he could kinda see through the holes because he kept looking around and nosed up for a kiss. But seriously, as unfunny it might look here, it really was too stinkin' cute- little turkey!
So thats my shot for the day. Actually, shots.

1 comment: